If you’ve been following our blog in the past, then you might remember that we participated in the Indie Business Network Blogger Challenge last year. We posted every day for a month, but due to some technical difficulties, we lost all those posts during our recent website upgrade. We will be bringing some of the most popular posts back in the next few months, so keep an eye out for some great DIY and informational posts to come!
By far the question we hear the most is “Why should I use handmade soap?” There are many reasons why we feel that handmade soap is much better than commercially available options so we decided to dedicate a blog post to the top reasons.
- It’s Real Soap – The term “soap” is highly regulated and can only be used on real soap. The next time you are in the store, take a look down the “soap” aisle and see how many labels use the word soap. You will probably see “cleansing bar”, “facial bar”, “beauty bar”, and so on. The reason they don’t say soap is because they are not true soap.
- Ingredients – All of our soaps will come with an ingredient label that lists everything we used when we made that batch of soap. You can know everything that was used in each bar and know exactly what you are using on your skin.
- Quality – Handmade soaps are made in small batches with high quality ingredients. We have developed our recipe through trial and error over the past 10+ years. Through these many trial and error batches, we have learned what gives us the best bar with the creamiest lather and greatest skin loving qualities.
- Glycerin – Glycerin is a natural by-product of the soap making process (saponification). Many of the commercially produced soap will be run through additional processes to remove the naturally produced glycerin so it can be used in other products like lotion. Glycerin is a natural humectant which means it draws moisture from the air and is why it helps keep your skin moisturized and soft.
- Variety – With all the options for fragrance and colors, you are sure to find something to delight your senses as much as your skin. You can find simple scents like Peppermint or more complex blends like Istari and Citrus Cilantro.
- Detergent Free – Handmade soap is just soap and does not contain detergents. It will gently cleanse your skin with out stripping away the natural oils.
- No Lathering Agents – Commercially produced cleansers will also contain lathering agents. Some people feel that more lather means more cleansing, but handmade soap is made to be gentle. We have balanced our recipe to bring you a nice creamy stable lather that we think is great!
- Customized – Looking for a unscented castile soap? Looking for a super scrubby soap? Allergic to olive oil? Talk to your local soap maker and we can formulate something just for you.
- Supporting Local Small Business – One of the best benefits from purchasing handmade soap is that you are supporting a small business. Soap making is a passion and by purchasing, you are helping support our dream. By purchasing from your local soap maker, you get to support your local economy. If you see us out and about, stop by and chat. We love to talk soap and love to talk about the goats and the farm!
Come out Saturday to the Holiday Mart in Trenton and stock up on some great Christmas gifts!
For more info on the event, check out the Facebook Event
Holiday events are starting up and we are booked solid!
November 6th – fall festival at Yorkville School
November 7th – Christmas at Central (Springhill Fire Department)
November 14th – Humboldt Holiday Mart
November 21st – Long Heights Baptist Church Arts and Crafts sale in McKenzie, TN